News & Resources
NCWorks Commission Certifies Three New Pathways on May, 23 2018
NCWorks Certified Career Pathways are a key strategy to strengthen the workforce and increase the percent of North Carolinians with education and training beyond high school.
Certified Career Pathways are integrated, seamless systems of education and workforce development programs developed by engaged employers, workforce development boards, high schools and colleges.
Three regional teams around the state applied to the NCWorks Commission and are being recommended for certification today:
1. WESTERN PIEDMONT – NURSING & ALLIED HEALTHCARE
Counties: Caldwell, Alexander, Burke, Catawba
- Provides comprehensive training in the Nursing and Healthcare industry sector.
- Strengthens collaboration between industry, community colleges and secondary education entities.
The Nursing and Allied Healthcare industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the nation, state, and Western Piedmont’s local area. Western Piedmont’s Nursing & Allied Health Pathway utilizes established partnerships with community colleges and local education agencies to engage employers in developing a solid education pipeline to address skill gaps within the Nursing and Allied Healthcare industry.
2. HIGH COUNTRY – MANUFACTURING & WELDING
Counties: Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Watauga, Yancey, Mitchell, Wilkes
- Promotes career awareness at all education levels in the Manufacturing & Welding industry sector.
- Provides comprehensive training and education in the Manufacturing & Welding sector.
Career awareness activities are a strong component in the High Country Region and include collaboration among industry, education partners and NCWorks Career Centers. Participating local education agencies and community colleges also provide professional development and custom training programs for the manufacturers in the area, along with stackable credentials available to prospective and incumbent employees.
3. CAPE FEAR – CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Counties: Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, Pender
- Provides comprehensive training in the Construction Technology industry sector.
- Meets the growing need for skilled workers to perform varied positions within the occupation.
The Construction Industry in the Cape Fear Region continues to grow due to an increase in residents and tourist traffic. The Cape Fear Construction Technology Pathway utilizes industry input and feedback to address the specific education and training needs of the industry sector. Industry in this region is committed to providing work-based learning opportunities for potential industry professionals at all career levels.