News & Resources
NCWorks Commission Certifies Four New Pathways on November, 15 2017
NCWorks Certified Career Pathways are a key strategy to strengthen the workforce and increase the percent of North Carolinians with education and training beyond high school.
Certified Career Pathways are integrated, seamless systems of education and workforce development programs developed by engaged employers, workforce development boards, high schools and colleges.
Four regional teams around the state applied to the NCWorks Commission and have certified their pathways in the following industries and regions:
- SOUTHWEST COLLABORATIVE (CHARLOTTEWORKS, GASTONWORKS, CENTRALINA) –HEALTHCARE
Counties: Mecklenburg, Gaston, Anson, Cabarrus, Iredell, Lincoln, Rowan, Stanly, Union.
- Provides comprehensive training in the Healthcare industry sector.
- Combines urban and rural industry and education partners to expand options for workers and employers.
The Southwest Collaborative’ s regional application represents input from local healthcare employers committed to flexible career pathways for individuals in the local labor market to enter and grow the field of nursing. Long term industry buy in is a key component of career pathways in this region.
- EASTERN CAROLINA – ADVANCED MANUFACTURING
Counties: Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Greene, Jones, Lenoir, Onslow, Pamlico, Wayne.
- Provides updated comprehensive training in the Advanced Manufacturing industry sector.
- Capitalizes on Eastern Carolina’s strong presence of major manufacturing companies.
Since early 2015 Eastern Carolina has worked to develop a pathway that meets the needs of Eastern North Carolina’s industries within the Advanced Manufacturing industry. It focuses heavily on the training and career awareness of pathway enrollees to ensure employer need is met.
- WESTERN PIEDMONT – ADVANCED MANUFACTURING
Counties: Caldwell, Alexander, Burke, Catawba.
- Provides comprehensive training in the Advanced Manufacturing industry sector.
- Strengthens collaboration between industry, community colleges and secondary education entities.
Advanced Manufacturing has been an employment mainstay in the Western Piedmont area for decades. Western Piedmont’s Advanced Manufacturing Pathway utilizes their established partnership with local industries and has worked to develop a solid education pipeline to address skill gaps within the industry.
- TRIADWORKS (DAVIDSONWORKS, REGIONAL PARTNERNSHIP, NORTHWEST PIEDMONT, GUILFORD COUNTY) – TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS
Counties: Alamance, Moore, Orange, Randolph, Montgomery, Guilford, Davidson, Surry, Stokes, Rockingham, Caswell, Yadkin, Forsyth, Davie.
- Provides comprehensive training in the Transportation & Logistics industry sector.
- Meets the growing need for skilled workers to perform varied positions within the occupation.
Transportation & Logistics is a growing industry in the Piedmont Triad region and intersects with two other clusters TriadWorks supports: Aviation and Advanced Manufacturing. Together, these three industry clusters provide the Triad workforce ample opportunities for upward mobility and diverse career options in the transportation field.