News & Resources
Mountain Area Careers Premieres Certified Pathway Enrollee Success Stories
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 Mountain Area Careers (MAC) premiered their career pathways outreach initiative at the Double Tree Hotel in Asheville, North Carolina to promote certified pathways available in their region.
35 people were in attendance on Tuesday, including several manufacturing and Hospitality & Tourism employers along with education and workforce professionals.
In an effort of collaboration and support for MAC’s career pathways efforts, Robert Foster with Doubletree by Hilton and his team provided everything at Tuesday’s event at no cost to Mountain Area or their partners!
Featured in photo above, from left to right:
- Barbara Darby, Regional Business Services Coordinator, Mountain Area WDB
- Ellen Westbrook, AB Tech, Skills Team Leader, Asheville NCWorks Career Center
- Dr. Dion Clark, NCWorks Career Pathways Director
- Taylor Baldwin, CTE Director, Asheville City Schools
- Christy Cheek, CTE Director, Buncombe County Schools
- David McCartney, General Manager, Asheville Aloft Hotel
- Robert Foster, General Manager, Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
- Shanda Bedoian, Manufacturing Liaison, Corporate and Customized Training Director, Blue Ridge Community College
- Jason Chappell, Manager, Transylvania County and Henderson County NCWorks Career Centers
- Vernon Daugherty, Dean, Engineering & Applied Technologies, AB Tech
- Dr. Gene Loflin, Associate Vice President for Instructional Services, AB Tech
To learn more about career pathways in the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board’s service area please visit: http://www.mountainareacareers.org/